A Week of Winter Poetry - Day Six

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Goodness, here we are on day six of a 'Week of Winter Poetry' already. Our week of poetry is almost over, but please - if you enjoyed my poems - tell me below and I may do this again! Today I am sharing two shorter poems once again - and even though these are shorter, they are two of my favorites! I hope you will see why...

A March Day
From my poetry notebook

The days they pass from one to two,
And so the New Year creeps away.
And March is here before we knew,
For Winter said he'd like to stay.
The birds have started coming home,
The sun returns to shine her bliss.
My friends compel me up to roam -
But who would miss a March like this?
Spring Bulbs
From my poetry notebook

The snow that falls
Each little flake
Bares forth a call:
"Spring will be late!"
But in the bed,
All safe and warm,
Comes Crocus heads
Against the storm.

The photo below is from several years ago as my garden is still buried deep under a foot of snow. Just looking at the picture makes me excited for spring! Please share with me below in the comments, has your garden started growing yet? I will be envious if you say yes, haha! I doubt mine will be waking up before the end of April. But thankfully I have pretty pictures like this one to get me by till then!

Post a Comment